Sitting down on a toilet can be quite a struggle for not only older people but also those with hip or knee problems, like post surgery patients. Getting down to the toilet seat level is not the only problem, as rising up from the seat can be an even bigger challenge in itself. Thankfully, there are specially designed raised toilet seats that make sitting down and standing up a whole lot easier.
My mother had knee replacement surgery last year and we were advised to purchase a raised toilet seat to help with her recovery. It was a fabulous purchase as for obvious reasons. Women have to sit on the the toilet more than men, therefore it helped her knee recuperation a lot.
In this post I will be reviewing a few different types of toilet seat risers. I hope the reviews can help you choose the one most suitable for your needs.
This page contains affiliate links. We hope you love the products we recommend but just so you know, if you purchase a product from one of our links below, we may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you.
The Best Value Raised Toilet Seat For Elderly People
Yunga Tart Raised Toilet Seat –
The Yunga Tart raised toilet seat is not only the best value toilet seat riser but it also has to be my No.1 pick. For the price of this product, it really punches above its weight. It is light weight and portable and I really like the fact that it is suitable for all shapes of toilet seats. It is 4″ in height but can be placed on top of your existing toilet seat to give an extra 1/2 – 1″ more. For me this toilet seat is a no brainer for those looking for extra height on the toilet. Perfect for the elderly and people recovering from hip, back or knee surgery.
Why Is The Yunga Tart Toilet Seat My Top Pick –
- Has ergonomic hand holds at the sides to help replace the need for hand rails when standing up
- Lightweight and easy to clean
- 4 non-skid pads attach the unit to the toilet seat with no slippage or movement
- It is suitable for all toilet shape seats, e.g round or elongated
- Holds up to 275 pounds
- Very portable, therefore, can be easily transported to other toilets in the house
- Easy to install
- Made in the USA
If you would like to find out the price of this toilet seat riser or find out what customers thought of it, then click right here.
Best Portable Elevated Riser with Removable Padded Handles
Raised Toilet Seat by Drive Medical –
A raised toilet seat makes sitting down and standing up from the toilet a lot easier. There is also a benefit of a pair of handles to give the user some added stability and sense of security. This support is similar to the handles on a chair that allow a person to push off from the seat. It will relieve some of the strain on their legs, and also give support as they stand up or sit down. This raised toilet seat by Drive Medical adds an extra 5″ to a toilet. Along with the handles, it will be of great help for those finding it difficult to use a standard toilet.
Why Choose A Drive Medical Toilet Seat Riser –
- Ergonomically designed to provide an extra 5″ to your toilet
- Padded handles to allow stability, security and easier standing and sitting
- Will fit round toilet seats (not suitable for elongated seats)
- Easily attaches to toilet bowl by tightening a hand screw
- Easy to clean plastic that can hold up to 300 lbs
- Can be easily removed and transported to other toilets
You can also find out more information, price and reviews on this toilet seat riser right here.
Best Hinged Toilet Riser For Easier Cleaning
Ableware Elongated Hinged Toilet Seat Riser-
Do you need a good quality toilet seat riser, however, taking it off each time to clean underneath it has become a real chore? Well then, the Ableware toilet seat riser is the one for you. This toilet seat riser comes in both elongated and standard sizes, therefore, make sure you choose the correct shape for your toilet. This toilet seat riser is easy to assemble and is placed underneath the existing toilet seat. The beauty of this riser is not only is it easier to clean but also it is great for any males in the house that need to lift the lid when using the toilet (and reduces the chance of splashes).
To Hinge Or Not To Hinge, That Is The Question –
- Because of the hinge system and because the toilet riser is placed under the existing toilet seat, it doesn’t change the look of your current toilet bowl or washroom decor
- On its own the riser is 3″ in height. Up to 4″ including the existing toilet seat
- Hinged design allows easy cleaning
- Has a 350 lbs weight capacity
- Comes in both round and elongated sizes
If you would like to find out more information about hinged toilet seat risers, then check here along with the price and other customer reviews.
The Best Toilet Seat Riser With Handles For Seniors
Vive Toilet Seat Riser With Handles –
Toilet seat risers are very beneficial for helping elderly or post hip, knee or back surgery patients more easily sit down and stand up. Having comfortable handles with a good grip can add that extra bit of security when using the toilet.
Why Choose This Toilet Seat Riser? –
- There is a chose between a standard or elongated shape seat riser
- Tool free installation is very easy
- Fits under your toilet seat and easy to attach
- Strong and sturdy with a weight capacity of up to 300 lbs
- Adds 3.5″ in height to your toilet bowl
If you are interested in this type of toilet seat riser then check out the price and some more reviews right here.
Raised toilet seats for elderly and for people that are not long after knee, hip or back surgery can be great aids in helping them to sit down or stand up from the toilet. These toilet seat risers make an everyday essential action a lot easier and can save people a lot of pain and effort. In this article, I hope you found some ideas on which toilet seat riser is most suitable for you.